About Scale Gill Foot
A delightful, Grade II listed detached cottage on the outskirts of Cowgill in the Yorkshire Dales National Park, just a few miles from the iconic Ribblehead Viaduct.
This spacious cottage is ideal for families and large groups to get together and enjoy countryside living at its finest. Featuring original features throughout such as beams and stonework, the cottage exudes charm and character throughout. Over the two floors, five inviting bedrooms are on offer as well as three bathrooms. The cottage also features a first floor sitting room with a woodburning stove, where everyone can get together after an adventurous day out in this superb area. The ground floor features a dining room with large dining table adjoining the fully equipped kitchen, where the group can put on some music and enjoy food and drink in front of the woodburning stove.
The cottage also features underfloor heating so you’ll be cosy whatever the weather. Beautiful walks can be enjoyed from the doorstep, whilst a mile away is the ever-popular Sportsman's Inn, serving good food and ales. The cottage is just four miles from the pretty village of Dent, and the famous Three Peaks of Pen-y-Ghent, Whernside and Ingleborough. Centrally located to tour both the Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District with well-known locations such as Ingleton, Settle, Hawes, Kirkby Lonsdale, Kendal and Sedbergh all within easy reach, this wonderful cottage makes for a perfect holiday base all year round
Amenities at Scalegill Foot
- 1 x first floor king-size double with fold-out single bed on request.
- 1 x ground floor double with fold-out single bed on request.
- 2 x first floor double Bedrooms.
- 1 x ground floor twin Bedroom.
- Bathroom with bath, shower, basin and WC.
- Shower room with shower, basin and WC.
- Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower, basin and WC.
Living & Kitchen:
- Kitchen with breakfast bar (seats 4).
- Utility/boot room.
- Sitting room with dining area and woodburning stove.
- First floor sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Electric central heating with woodburning stoves and underfloor heating.
- Range cooker with electric oven and induction hob.
- Washing machine and Dishwasher.
- TV with Fire Stick, DVD and WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stoves included in rent.
- Bed linen and towels included in rent.
- Travel cot and highchair on request.
- Off road parking for 3 cars.
- Bike storage.
- Patio with furniture.
- One well-behaved pet welcome.
- Sorry, no smoking.
- Shop 5 miles, pub 1 mile.
- Fibre Broadband.
- External metered 13 amp car charging socket.
Situated at the head of beautiful Dentdale, Cowgill is a small hamlet consisting of the famous Dent station, the Sportsman’s Inn and a scattering of small farms and dwellings.
Nearby, is one of the most remote breweries in Britain - The Dent Brewery, brewers of award-winning ales that can be bought in the George and Dragon. The surrounding countryside of Dentdale is magnificent, offering ideal conditions for fell walking and cycling, and just a short drive is the famous Three Peaks Walk, with Pen-Y-Ghent, Whernside and Ingleborough offering some of the most challenging walks in the country.
Dent is the highest railway station in Britain, at over 1100 feet above sea level, on the famous Carlisle to Settle Railway. The line crosses the huge viaducts at Arten Gill and Dent Head, built of massive blocks of Dent 'marble', from the now-disused quarries nearby, before going through the Blea Moor tunnel to Ribblehead viaduct. Dentdale is possibly the finest of the Cumbrian Dales, a valley full of beauty and historic interest. The Dales Way long distance path runs along the length of the valley, as does the River Dee. Nearby Dent is the only village in Dentdale, with delightful cobbled streets. Natural attractions such as Malham Cove and Gordale Scar are within easy reach, as are the nearby Dales towns of Hawes and Malham, as well as Kirkby Lonsdale and Sedbergh.